Seeing the beauty in everyday life.

When driving, walking, sitting near a window or in a crowded place, I always take notice of what's before me. If something interesting catches my eye, I take a picture and try to get a sense of the energy of the scene. That is what drives my painting process. Why do I want the paint what I am seeing and feeling.

Snow Chasers is a scene that my husband (a snow-plow driver for our town highway department) and I came across while driving home during a snow storm that we came upon suddenly. It happens all the time here in Buffalo, NY. One minute it is just really cold and dry, the next minute you are in a dark, heavy snow storm. The plows ahead of us were a welcome relief but also a magical sight. The lights against the dark sky and the reflections bouncing off the wet roads where incredible! It just had to be painted!

It's also a great homage to my husband and all the plow drivers who, in very dangerous conditions, go out at all times of the day and night to clear the roads and keep us safe.

I am very pleased that my painting Snow Chasers was given the Past Presidents Award (top honors) at the Buffalo Society of Artists Fall Exhibition 2016.

It was also pre-selected for inclusion into the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours 205th Exhibition 2017 in London, England. What an incredible honor!


Snow Chasers -–Watercolor and Gouache on Paper – 2015
Past Presidents Award - Buffalo Society of Artists 2016