Painting with a purpose.

As I enter the new season of gallery shows, art society events and juried exhibitions, I have to evaluate what is important for me as an artist to grow and thrive.

Being an artist is one of the most free form of personal expression. There are virtually no rules, limits or perceived expectations from anyone associated with an artist, except "him or herself".

I want my art to have a purpose, to tell a story. I want the viewer to look at the image and wonder what it is all about. Ultimately, they will not know that answer but are intrigued enough to try.

My goal is to make good art.

This is my latest work called "Island Farm Girl II".

I hope you enjoy it.

Island Farm Girl II
18" x 24"
Watercolor
140lb Arches cold pressed paper
Island Farm Girl II - Watercolor - 2013

As always, thanks for visiting!