Making a statement.

Update:
The painting has been selected to enter the traveling exhibition which will journey to Arts on the Square in Watertown, NY and to the Cogar Gallery at Herkimer Valley Community College in Herkimer, NY.

Update:
Thrilled to announce that Oil Tankers at Dawn has been juried into the

Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors

Exhibition Dates: August 8 - October 5 2015

__________________________________________________________________________


The theme for the 119th Annual Spring Exhibition for the Buffalo Society of Artists was “Where We Are and Where We Have Been.” I had a painting that fit the call (Leaving Larkin) but wanted to do something fresh. I like to show new work as much as I can when I enter exhibitions.

While driving out to Rushford to check on our cabin, I remembered taking photos of the trains that pass through the area all the time. I had wanted to paint them before but never got around to it.

In looking through the shots, the oil tankers stood out. They have been in the news recently, as a new danger to our communities. I also thought about how this natural mineral is considered a lifeline to modern society, we do need it to survive or so we think. And then there is the war...

This is my painting on view at the exhibition.

Oil Tankers at Dawn
20"x30"
Watercolor
2015


Oil Tankers at Dawn - Watercolor - 2015
Thanks for visiting!