A Mother's Day Present

For this Mother's Day my two kids, Ryan and Sarah, paid for a watercolor painting class. It is offered through the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. This local cultural jem is a masterpiece in of itself, and offers some great classes for members and non-members to explore and learn, one of them is painting with watercolors. It also doesn't hurt that it is located at the gardens... talk about inspiration!

I was so excited to take advantage of this opportunity! I have been wanting to paint again for many years now and had even requested a watercolor paint set years ago (which my husband gladly gave me for a Christmas present) that I had yet to make use of. I studied oils in college, so this is a whole new medium for me.

Well I did it! I am now attending classes every Monday morning and loving every minute of it. This is the first hand art work I have done in over 20 years. I will share it with you below.


It's not perfect, but it's a start.

Check back for my next installment.... and again, thanks for visiting!